There are a number of scholarships and bursaries available to students. All information is posted in the senior Guidance Google Classrooms!
1. The CST Foundation Bursary awards are available to students who demonstrate financial need. Students must be the first-generation in their family to attend post-secondary education (students whose parents did not attend either college or university). The $150,000 is split into 25 bursaries each worth $6,000. Applications are open until May 6, 2022. Students can access the scholarship from their myBlueprint Account (Tasks Section) or by visiting the 2022 CST Foundation Bursaries Landing Page.
2. Scotiabank in partnership with myBlueprint : This year Scotiabank has doubled its support for student post-secondary aspirations with a total of $60,000 for students’ scholarships in 4 Themes (Financial Wellness, STEM, Diversity, Future Women Leaders). This exciting opportunity is available to current Grade 12 Students with 4 x $3,750 scholarships (one per theme). Phase 1 Applications are open until April 30, 2022. Students can access the scholarship from their myBlueprint Account (Tasks Section) or by clicking Apply Now on the 2022 Scotiabank Scholarships Landing Page.
3. The Rotary Club of Toronto Scholarship is a four-year tuition scholarship of up to $10,000 a year. It is awarded to an outstanding student graduating from a Toronto High School with an Ontario Secondary School Diploma. The applicant must demonstrate financial need, academic excellence, leadership and breadth and depth of community service. For more information, click here for the Application. Questions regarding the application process can be emailed to email@example.com *Note: School Guidance Counsellors are asked to please review the entire application with the student and offer any clarification and/or assistance, excluding the essay, as it must be prepared by the applicant only.
4. The Know Your Worth Sub-Committee, a section of the African Heritage Month Planning Committee, is committed to encouraging and supporting graduating students of African heritage to further their post-secondary education. The 2021-2022 Know Your Worth (KYW) Scholarship offers three financial awards valued at $2,000 each:
- Kujichagulia Academic Award (Due Friday, May 13, 2022, @ 11:59pm) *all TDSB students of African heritage, with an 80%+ average (minimum) can apply.
- Kuumba Creative Award, and (Due Friday April 22, 2022, @ 11:59pm)
- Umoja Leadership Award (Due Friday April 22, 2022, @11:59pm)
These awards will be available to support a graduating student applicant of African heritage who practices academic excellence, and/or demonstrates strong creative abilities, and/or leadership skills with the ambition to aid in the social progression of their community. TDSB students who identify as being of African heritage and have attended the Know Your Worth Conference will be given preference for the Umoja Leadership Award and the Kuumba Creative Award. All interested applicants, please see the attached 2021-2022 KYW Scholarship Information with the relevant Google Form link to submit your application.
5. The MAX Scholarships Fund (MSF) awards well- rounded High School and University students who are eager to make an impact, learn and create. They are students who have contributed to their communities and Canada at large, achieved above-average marks and are recognized by their peers. We are currently accepting applications for the 2022 Scholarship Cycle. Application deadline is on Apr 16, 2022 @ 12:00 AM.