DEPARTMENT HEAD: Kanwaljit Woodwal – email@example.com
Vision of the Department:
The students will obtain knowledge and skills in English and French languages to be successful in their academic and social lives. They will be able to communicate and interact proficiently in both of Canada’s official languages to participate fully in their academics as well as become informed and purposeful Citizens of Canada and the World.
Goals of the Department:
The goals of the ESL and French Department are to help students become successful English and French language learners who can:
- use English and French to communicate effectively in a variety of social settings;
- learn about Canada, its two official languages, and other cultures;
- appreciate and acknowledge the interconnectedness and interdependence of the global community;
- use English (and/or French) to achieve academically in all subject areas;
- take charge of their own learning, independently and in groups;
- select and use effective learning strategies;
- integrate confidently into mainstream courses;
- use English and French effectively to advocate for themselves in all areas of their lives;
make a successful transition to their chosen postsecondary destination (work, apprenticeship, college, university);
- function effectively in a society increasingly committed to the use of information technology;
use critical-literacy and critical-thinking skills to interpret the world around them;
- participate fully in the social, economic, political, and cultural life of their communities and of Canada.
- become lifelong language learners for personal growth and for active participation as world citizens.
FSF1D1-05; FSF1D1-07; FSF1O1-01
ESLA/B/CO8-01; GLS1O8-01; ELS2O8-03
ELDA/BO8-01; EPS3O8-02; GLS4O8-01
FSF4U1-01; FSF1D1-03; FSF3U1-02